Skip to main content


Belfast Monsters managed twofold blow as Tempest hit late prop to take focuses

The Belfast Monsters were hit with a twofold blow as triumph swung to crush in Manchester.

Driving 1-0 for more than seventy five percent of the diversion after Jonathan Ferland's fourth-minute objective, the Goliaths were a little more than 10 minutes from asserting a magnificent away win before Manchester Tempest's late, late show which took them back to the highest point of the World class Group table.

Tempest scored twice in under more than two minutes halfway through the third time frame and in spite of the fact that the Mammoths heaped on the weight in the end arranges they were left with only frustration.

The annihilation added to Saturday night's 6-4 invert at home to the Edinburgh Capitals to make a quite hopeless end of the week for the Goliaths.

The Monsters made the more positive begin to the amusement and had effectively tried Tempest goaltender Mike Clemente before the opener, which came at 3:52.

Ryan Martinelli was instrumental in the objective, grabbing the puck and skating through the zones previously sending a go for Ferland to complete off.

The Monsters were just denied a moment not long after by Clemente's pipework before the Strom goaltender started to baffle the Belfast advances with a progression of recoveries.

At the flip side Jackson Shriek made a key save money on a Tempest breakaway as they applied some weight toward the finish of the primary time frame.

Four powerplay openings traveled every which way for the Monsters amid a totally open second time frame, with Tempest having various enormous scoring possibilities, notwithstanding when in need of help.

The opening minutes of the third time frame were precisely the same, with the puck going end to end and Tempest verging on leveling when the ball was in their court to shake a shot off the funnels previously another enormous spare from Clemente.

A skirmish including various players - started by a claimed check to the head from Ferland - saw an aggregate of five players sent to the punishment box, with Ferland's association finished when he was additionally hit with a 10-minute wrongdoing.

Simply an issue of seconds after the sum total of what that had been dealt with Tempest struck the equalizer at 49:53.

Mike Hammond sent a go into the way of Paul Swindlehurst and he broke home his shot past the compass of Shriek.

With all bar Ferland back on the ice the two groups were assaulting emphatically, yet it was Tempest who got the thumbs up objective at 52:15.

Ciaran Long and Jay Rosehill broke against a solitary Monsters defenceman and when the previous bolstered the puck to the last he sent an intense shot past Shriek, with the Goliaths goaltender having minimal possibility.

The Monsters were going hard and fast for an adjusting objective, yet their drive forward was gouged when Brendan Connolly was required a holding punishment with a little more than three minutes left on the clock.

No sooner was he back on the ice than Shriek was called to the seat to enable the Mammoths to run with the additional skater.

Mentor Adam Keefe even called a period out trying to rally his troops.

There was even the shot of an emotional finale when Tempest's Shane Bakker was required a cross check with only eight seconds to go, yet it was past the point where it is possible to affect the amusement and the Goliaths were left to consider two focuses that disappeared.